Friday, July 20, 2007

Word verification

Today is the first time I've had to do this. Before I can publish a new post I have to do a word verification! What kinda crap is this? The little question mark link leads me to this:

"What Are Spam Blogs?

As with many powerful tools, blogging services can be both used and abused. The ease of creating and updating webpages with Blogger has made it particularly prone to a form of behavior known as link spamming. Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site."


Let's go down the list. I can buy the irrelevant and nonsensical parts. That's pretty much who I am. But I don't think that's what they meant. Other than the low unique word count that comes naturally to an idiot like me, their repetitive text qualifier fails. Large number of links. Before this post, there are precisely two links in my blog entries. Plus the blogroll on the side. That's five more. So seven links that I created. I wonder how blogger defines "large number". "Pointing to a single site" - nope, not that either. But apparently I'm a spam blogger, and until they get around to looking over my blog I have to continue doing a word verification on my own fucking posts. This post's verification: wqogwsbz. Imagine that it's in red bold letters and all squiggly.

Look for fivetoedsloth to move to wordpress real soon. Thanks Blogger. You guys rock.